Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pomegranate & Greek Yogurt Smoothie

Look at this beautiful fruit!

Photobucket

I love pomegranate but I do not love the work involved in getting these little seeds out. That's why I tend to turn to pomegranate juice instead; it can be expensive though. My favorite brand of pomegranate juice is Old Orchard. All of their juices are 100% fruit juice but they blend the pomegranate juice with other juices like blueberry and cherry.

I got this recipe from my new summer Kraft Food and Family magazine. Here it is with the changes I made.

2/3 cup bottled pomegranate juice *I used Old Orchard Blueberry & Pomegranate Juice*
1 cup frozen unsweetened mixed berries
1/3 cup ATHENOS Greek Strained Nonfat Yogurt *I used Chobani yogurt.
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 cup ice cubes

Put everything in your blender and mix it up. This recipe makes 2 servings. Kiddo and I love it! We made it last week when my Grandma was here and she loved it too. I don't think you could ask for anything much healthier. Enjoy!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment