Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cowboy Potato and Sausage Skillet

Y-U-M-M-Y!!! Yep, that about sums up what this dinner was. I was inspired by Kiddo and I's new found activity of watching 'Dr. Quinn' reruns together. I started watching 'Dr. Quinn' when the show premiered in 1993, I was 11 years old, and I never missed and episode. When Kiddo was a baby I started humming the little song Brian plays on his flute for baby Katie when she is born to him at bedtime and I still do. It has been so wonderful for me to share this show with him and watch all of them again. He loves the cowboys, Indians and action of the show. Well I love those things too but of course the love story is my fav. and lets face it Sully ain't to bad too look at either. ;)

Ok back on track, the recipe. I got the idea from a recipe I found online for a sweet kielbasa bake and tweaked it to my liking.

What you need:

1 package of smoked beef sausage

6 potatos peeled and cubed (I used the mini potatoes and left the skins on)

garlic salt

the sauce:

1/2 cup BBQ sauce

1 tblsp. honey

1 tsp of onion powder

3 tsp of apple cider vinegar

Whisk all of this ingredients together to make the sauce.

What you do:

Cut your sausage in 4 pieces then score the top (slit it with a knife but don't cut all the way through)

Now put your sausage and potatoes in a cast iron skillet or baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic salt then pour the sauce you made over the sausage and potatoes. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 20mins, uncover and bake for 10 more minutes or until the potatoes are nice and tender.

Now pop on an episode of 'Dr. Quinn', or your favorite cowboy show, and eat it up!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment