Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumn Casserole

I love fall! It is my second favorite season. As you might already know summer is my favorite season, but fall runs a close second. One of my favorite things about fall is the flavors. I love cooking fall foods. Apples, pumpkins, brown sugar, pears....you name it, I love it.

Photobucket

*Just a cute pic I like. I use it in a siggy for myself every year.*

This is one of my favorite fall recipes. I am honestly not sure where it came from, but it is always a hit at our house this time of year.

What you need:

1 package of Turkey Kielbasa (smoked sausage)

2 granny smith apples peeled and cut into large chunks

1/2 onion sliced

1 large can of canned yams (cut in big chunks)

handful of raisins (I like the golden raisins for this)


What you do:

mix everything in a non stick spray coated baking dish and sprinkle the top w/ cinnamon

Bake for about 30mins on 375 until everything is heated through and the apples start to brown.

Enjoy!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment