Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Antipasto Pasta Salad

I got this recipe from my friend Lynn over at The Life of a Foodie and Her Family. ( www.punkaroonie.blogspot.com ) The first time I made it I followed her recipe to a T, it was super good! The second time we had it my Grandma made it, she bought a different kind of dressing by accident, and dang that was even better!

So here is my recipe take on Lynn's Antipasto Pasta Salad:

3/4 box of multicolored rotini pasta cooked and drained

3 large tomatoes chopped into large pieces

1 package of fresh mozzarella (you can get the chunks and dice them, I found the mozz. pearls at Publix and sprinkled them in)

1 can of black olives, drained

1/2 pack of pepperoni ( I used turkey pepperoni by Hormel )

6 slices of salami chopped large ( I used the beef cotto salami by Oscar Meyer )

Croutons (I make my own with half a loaf of french bread. I coat them in olive oil, garlic salt and italian seasoning. Then I bake them on 380 for about 10-20mins)

2 handfuls of parmesan cheese ( I like the Sargento grated parmesan )

3/4 jar of Maries Creamy Italian Garlic Dressing

***I do add diced onions and green pepper, but not to the bowls for my son and husband. They are not onion and pepper lovers like me.

Toss the entire salad together and voila!

My husband and son like to call this 'The Man's Pasta Salad' because it is loaded with meats. My son also loves tomatoes and black olives, so this one is a keeper. We had it again tonight, 3rd time this month. We are in love with this pasta salad!

I'm linking this up to Mommy's Kitchen Potluck Sunday.

Mommy’s Kitchen

Head on over and play along!

Photobucket

2 comments: