Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Mission For The Week: Crockpot or Grill

If you read my previous post you know by now that we are without A/C for the week. I have made it my sole mission to cook every dinner this week either in the crockpot or on the grill (maybe neither) thus reducing the amount of heat in the house. Breakfasts will be made using the toaster, blender or neither. Here is my menu for the week, each day I will post the actual recipe and how it turned out.

Sunday:

Steaks on the Grill

Potatoes

Grilled Banana Smores
_________

Monday:

No menu needed! Happy Memorial Day, we are cooking out!

__________

Tuesday:

Club Sandwiches

Sunchips

Fresh Fruit

__________

Wednesday:

Garlic, Lemon, Rosemary Chicken in the Crockpot

Grilled potatoes and green beans

__________

Thursday:

BBQ Split Chicken Breasts

Chive Onion Creamy Dill Potatoes

Grilled Corn

__________

Friday:

Ribs in the Crockpot

Coleslaw

Rice (I'm so planning on cheating here. I am a sucker for those 90sec microwavable rice packets when I'm in a hurry. Or in this case don't want to heat the house up.)

__________

For breakfast I have Breakfast Brushetta, Smoothies and Cold Cereal planned. Lunches will be sandwiches or salads. I have a new recipe for a Creamy Cucumber Salad which I am definitely trying this week!

So that's it, my challenge for the week. Join me everyday and see how it goes. Also if you don't mind, will you please send up a prayer that my A/C parts come in soon?

Thank you.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment