Saturday, February 11, 2012

Quick & Easy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

I whipped this up one Saturday morning. I will not lie, Kiddo is not a huge fan of oatmeal. I'm not really sure when this happened either. When he was little he loved it and I could not keep enough in the house. Now, he doesn't care for it at all. This recipe might have turned his opinion into a more positive one though.

Here is what you need:

2 apples chopped (I used gala apples. Use whatever kind you would like but I would stay away from red delicious, they get mooshy.)

3 tablespoons of butter (I used Smart Balance.)

1/4 cup of brown sugar

1 tsp of cinnamon

Juice of half a lemon or half an orange

1 3/4 cups of milk

1 cup of quick cooking oats

1/4 tsp salt

What you do:

Cook your apples in a large skillet with the butter, brown sugar, lemon or orange juice and cinnamon.

Photobucket

Keep and eye on them and stir them often. Cook them until they begin to soften.

Add milk and water. Bring to a rolling boil. Now add the oats and stir.

Photobucket

Cook the mixture on the stovetop for a minute. Promptly remove the pan from the heat and cover. Allow it to sit for about 2-3 minutes.

Photobucket

Remove the lid and stir. If you want to add a little more butter or brown sugar go ahead and adjust it to your taste/texture liking. I added a little more butter.

Now its ready to serve!

Photobucket

I cannot describe how warm and yummy this breakfast is.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment