Sunday, July 25, 2010

Peachy Keen Smoothies

These are so good! A yummy, frosty, and cool summer treat. My son has been enjoying these smoothies for breakfast all summer. I found the recipe in the summer issue of Food Network Magazine.

Peachy Keen Smoothies

What you need:

2 ripe peaches pitted and cut into chunks (the recipe says you can leave the skins on but I prefer to take off the skin. If you want an easy way to do this check out my peach cobbler recipe post)

1 cup of 2% or 4% cottage cheese

1/2 cup of milk

3-4 tablespoons of honey

2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice

pinch of salt

pinch of nutmeg (sprinkle nutmeg on the top too)

2 cups of ice

*puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth and sprinkle extra nutmeg on top.

I'm linking up to Mommy's Kitchen Potluck.

Mommy’s Kitchen

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment