Saturday, September 24, 2011

Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Fall is in the air here. The temps have cooled down and I am constantly wanting warm comforting foods. I don't remember where I got this recipe from, I am sure just googling around on the internet. This is always a hit when I make it. We never have leftovers because everyone eats every last bite.

Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Photobucket

What you need:

1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 cups egg noodles
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

*I used only chicken broth because I never have veggie broth on hand. When I cook my chicken breasts I put them in a skillet with about 1/4 cup of water, cover the skillet and cook them one medium heat until they are done. You can tell they are done when you can shred them apart with 2 forks.

What you do:

In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.

This makes 6 servings

On a side note, we are moving! We have bought our first house so if I am MIA that is why. I cannot wait to cook in my new kitchen.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The good thing about it is it will only take minutes to prepare it.

    ReplyDelete