Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Simply Gogurt vs. Regular Gogurt

When my sister found these at the grocery store I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

Photobucket

For years I have seen my students bring Original Gogurt in their lunches. I cringed everytime I tore the top off and served them the watery, neon colored so called 'yogurt' substance in a tube. Therefore, I was happy when I found the Horizon Organic Tuberz and the Stoneyfield Yokids Squeezers yogurts. Now to see Yoplait stepping up to the plate and serving a healthier squeezable yogurt of their own, well its just wonderful. Now my only question is, 'why keep serving the other gogurts?'

Oh well, hopefully someday more people will jump on the healthy eating bandwagon. Until then I am grateful for strides like this. So what is the difference between Simply Gogurt and the Original Gogurt?
Let's take a look...

Simply Gogurt
Strawberry

Nutrition Information

Serving Size: 2.25 oz / 64g
Calories: 70
Calories from Fat: 5
Total Fat - Grams.5% DV Fat1Cholesterol - mgless than 5% DV Cholesterol1Sodium - mg30% DV Sodium1Potassium - mg95% DV Potassium3.Total Carbohydrate - grams13%DV Carbohydrate4Sugars - grams10Protein - grams2% DV Protein4.% DV Vitamin A8% DV Calcium10% DV Vitamin D10% DV Riboflavin4.

*NO High Fructose Corn Syrup, NO Artifical Colors or Flavors*

Original Gogurt

Nutrition Information

Serving Size: 2.25 oz / 64g
Calories: 70
Calories from Fat: 5
Total Fat - Grams0.5% DV Fat1Cholesterol - mgless 5% DV Cholesterol1Sodium - mg30% DV Sodium1Potassium - mg90% DV Potassium3.Total Carbohydrate - grams13%DV Carbohydrate4Sugars - grams10Protein - grams2% DV Protein4.% DV Vitamin A8% DV Calcium10% DV Vitamin D10% DV Riboflavin4.Diet Exchanges1 starch.

It seems that the big difference is NO HFCS, NO Artificial Colors or Flavors. I don't know about you but that means alot to me.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment